Follow Me

Thursday, February 28, 2013

More on 4th Grades 4 Seasons Sculptures

These may not be the most refined or aesthetically pleasing pieces, but I can say with 100% honesty that my students learned more from this assignment than any "step by step to a perfect outcome" project I have taught in the past.

To read more about the assignment see my previous post 4 SEASONS

While students worked in small groups to complete this project I wrote down some things that I heard my students saying. Check it out!


"what ties all of out looks together?"
and "Tim Gunn would say... Make it Work, we have to finish today"

"I wonder if we can just keep this set up here an keep adding buildings"

I didn't catch a direct quote from this group but I did see them consciously turning
 and arranging the parts of their project to decide how to display it in the showcase
so you could see as much of it as possible. 

"Mrs. Comp, I have a lot of fish at home and I was wondering,
since were using real water, if I could bring in goldfish..."

"when she sets this up at Open House it will probably be out on the table
and we don't want people to walk around it and say... I wonder why they didn't finish it back here"

"did you know that there are artists that make art out of Lego's.  Can we bring in Lego's for our project?"



1 comment: