Follow Me

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Celebrate Success

"Action is the Fundamental Key to Success"
 ~ Pablo Picasso




One of the best things about using social media to share student art and classroom life, is the reaction from the students themselves. My students love when I come around with my ipad to take pictures and will even remind me saying things like "Mrs. Comp, I don't think you took any pictures today" or "Are you going to post this?" Older students often happily tag themselves when they get home from school; commenting things like "I see mine".


I love their excitement and knowing that the art conversation continues at home.


Every child child deserves to have someone take a moment to celebrate their successes; no matter how big or small. 

Though our art classroom Instagram, I am able to celebrate everything from cutting out a difficult shape to bringing home over 40 ribbons from the county art show. 


My students never cease to amaze me with their ideas and creativity! 



I can't tell you how many times I have told a story about something that happened in my art classroom and I have been told "oh, you have to write that down". They may be right, but posting is a lot more fun! 

When I post images of students working in the art room and the things they make, I am sharing it because I think it is something worth celebrating with family, friends, and community. 


Likes and Share's motivate us and validate our learning. 



Here's how other art educators are celebrating student success through social media...

Jo Baker (@jobaker9), shared with me that she, started her blog and Facebook pagebecause she was inspired to "share her day visually". By celebrating student creativity and artistic experience with 9 pictures a day she inspired others. Now many are posting, using the hashtag #artcubed, on Twitter each day. 

Passionate art educator Laura Grundler (@GrundlerArt) and creator of #K12ArtChat, started her hashtag #FabArtsFri to get tweets of great art circulating social media every Friday. When I messaged her to share about her inspiration Laura said "I thought it would be a fabulous way to end our week and great Advocacy".
Follow me on Twitter @MComp_OliveART and Instagram @GWDES_Arts
Original Post April 26, 2015 
To See the original blog post on Art Classroom Experience to Like, Comment, and Share Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment