Follow Me

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Gorgonzola

Olive Art's Picture Book Parade introduces...  
Gorgonzola: A Very STINKYsaurus      15                                                              

Published: 2008 Author: Margie Palatini Illustrator: Tim Bowers

This is another book that i selected simple because it has a dinosaur on the cover (& I love Gorgonzola Cheese).


After reading this story I thought to my self "I'm glad there is a book like this out there". It's a hygiene book telling the tale of a smelly dinosaur that is completely unaware but with the help of a friend he learns how to take care of his dino-body and in return is welcomed by other dino-friends.

I struggled to see how i might use this in art but I know classroom teachers teach health and body so it would be possible to collaborate there. 

We could write and create hygiene posters, pamphlets, or maybe friendly public service announcements.  Students could write the script and research and then create stop motion or other animated videos to drive home their healthy habits.



*The Picture Book Parade!

This series of posts is designed to meet the needs of graduate class, I am currently enrolled in, titled Teaching Art & Literacy through picture books.
One of my assignments is to read, review, reflect, and be inspired by 20 picture books that are new to me and find a way to share them with my classmates, colleges, & PLN. 

 The Ideas shared will not be ideas I have tried and executed, simply sparks of inspiration derived from a short and colorful read. 

I am hoping that these ideas might develop over time, as I water them in my minds and let what's left of my summer vacation shine and pull out the greatness, that is a totally awesome new lesson for my students. One can hope!


So sit back and enjoy the series of posts I am calling the Picture Book Parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment