Follow Me

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tops & Bottoms

Olive Art's Picture Book Parade introduces... Tops & Bottoms        10                                                              




Published:1995 Adapted & Illustrated by: Janet Stevens

I just loved this book! The layout was a cool surprise and the story was witty. In this story a wealthy, lazy bear is fooled by a family of rabbits over and over again. Eventually the lazy bear has no choice but to wake up and do some work for himself, but how he gets to that part is what makes the books so fun!

The images in this book are so animated and really fill the page. Every inch has something new to see.

I could see this story being shared around the time when students are learning about he harvest and and different crops.

I could see this book inspiring a school garden.

There are so many art and literature connections to be made in a project like this.
-Garden design
-Planing/ crop research
-watering/ weeding schedule
-fundraising


*The Picture Book Parade!

This series of posts is designed to meet the needs of graduate class, I am currently enrolled in, titled Teaching Art & Literacy through picture books.
One of my assignments is to read, review, reflect, and be inspired by 20 picture books that are new to me and find a way to share them with my classmates, colleges, & PLN. 

 The Ideas shared will not be ideas I have tried and executed, simply sparks of inspiration derived from a short and colorful read. 

I am hoping that these ideas might develop over time, as I water them in my minds and let what's left of my summer vacation shine and pull out the greatness, that is a totally awesome new lesson for my students. One can hope!

So sit back and enjoy the series of posts I am calling the Picture Book Parade!


No comments:

Post a Comment